Frequently Asked Questions
We've complied a handy list of some of the most frequently asked questions, and their answers!
What are the Center Credentials of RCCC?
- DCFS Licensed: Licensed by the IL Department of Child and Family Services to care for children 6 weeks to 12 years.
- QRS Rating of 3 Stars: 3 Stars rated Child Care Center by IL Department of Health and Human Services.
- NAC Accreditated: Nationally Accreditated by the National Accreditation Commission. NAC standards are above and beyond requirements by DCFS.
What are the requirements of Staff?
All staff must have a minimum of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, with at least 60 college credit hours with a minimum or 12 ECE credits. The majority of our staff hold Associate and Bachelors degrees. All of our staff must pass physical exams and have TB screenings prior to working with the children. All of our staff must also go through a thorough background check preformed by DCFS, be CPR and First Aid certified, and are required to take a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education each year.
Are all children of all age grouped together?
Children are grouped together by age in 8 different classrooms.
- Infant Room: 6 weeks to 15 months
- Toddler Room: 15 months to 2 years
- 2's Rooms: 2 year olds
- 3's Room: 3 year olds (must be potty trained to move to next room)
- Pre-K 1: 3 and 4 year olds
- Pre-K 2: 4 and 5 year olds
- School Age 1: Kindergarten and 1st grades
- School Age 2: 2nd grade to 12 years
What is the child to teacher ratio?
- Infants: 1/4, Max group 8
- Toddlers: 1/5, Max group 10
- 2 Years: 1/7, Max group 14
- 3-5 Years: 1/10, Max group 20
- School Age: 1/15 and 1/20, Max group 20
Are there security features in place?
All entrance doors are locked, parents are given door cards to get in, and all visitors must be let in by the office. All parents provide a pick up list of approved people to pick up their child. All unidentified pick up people must show photo ID prior to being allowed to pick the child.
The facility also has security cameras in place.
Are there planned activities in the classrooms?
All classrooms use a weekly themed lesson plan. Activities are planned weekly to promote fine and gross motor skills, cognitive skills (preschool academics), and a social emotional skills. Families do not need to seek preschool outside of our center, we include preschool curriculum in our daily schedule to prepare children for Kindergarten. We also provide a separate preschool program for children who do not need child care but would like a preschool program to prepare for Kindergarten. For more information on that program please contact the center.
Are meals included in the program?
RCCC serves breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Parents do NOT need to supply food, cups, etc. For infants the center provides Parents Choice Formula, rice and oatmeal cereal, and baby food. If your child uses a different brand of Formula you are welcome to bring that in.
Have more questions?
Feel free to contact us! Give us a call at (815) 562-5920, visit us at 1010 N. 15th street in Rochelle, or email us at email@example.com.